How do you calculate labour time?
When an engineer attends to your booking, they electronically ‘check in’ to your unique job on our software and ‘check out’ when they have completed the job or booking.
– Time is rounded and charged to the nearest 15 minute interval.
– Our minimum labour charge is 60 minutes, unless it’s a return visit for the same job.
– A maximum of 30 minutes travel time is charged for pre-arranged bookings.
– A maximum of 90 minutes travel time is charged for *emergency bookings.
– Travel time is calculated from the engineer’s starting location.
– We reserve the right to charge for a maximum of 60 minutes per booking to retrieve parts or materials necessary to complete your job.
All of our vans are tracked using GPS to ensure time we charge for is accurately calculated and most importantly, fair.
*An ‘emergency booking’ is defined by meeting the ALL of the following criteria:
– A booking that is outside of our normal working hours.
– A booking that is made within 24 hours of the engineer attending.
– A booking that you, the Customer; has deemed urgent.
What visits am I charged for?
We do not charge to provide a quotation or an estimate where that is the sole purpose of the visit. We do charge for our time if you ask us to investigate a problem.
– If our engineer is unable to gain access to your premises during the time of a pre-arranged booking, we reserve the right to charge for an aborted visit.
– Aborted visits are charged as per our standard pricing model, up to a maximum of 1 hour.
Does your work come with any warranty?
Yes. If something we supplied & fitted becomes faulty or breaks within the first 12 months then we will repair or replace it completely free of charge. This excludes accidental / malicious damage and force majeure.
Can I supply my own materials?
Of course! but, we won’t manage the warranty. That means, if it stops working, we will probably charge for our time to replace it; depending on the circumstances.
What’s the difference between a quote and an estimate?
A quote is a fixed price for a limited scope of work. The advantage is that you know exactly what you’ll have to pay, but our hourly rate and material margin will be higher.
An estimate is a variable scope of work where the cost is only predicted, but we charge a reduced hourly rate.
Typically, we provide quotes for smaller jobs and estimates for larger, more complex tasks.
All of our quotes and estimates are valid for a minimum of 30 days, but we will always try to honour them for as long as we can.
How do I pay?
We will email your invoice to you once your job is complete. You can pay online using the secure link in the email, by bank transfer or cheque.
We do not accept payment over the phone or cash for security reasons.
Do I have to pay anything upfront?
Not typically, unless there is an unusually significant material cost required to start the work.
Some jobs can run for several weeks or months so we do send interim invoices as an contribution towards our own costs. We do require these to be settled within a reasonable amount of time.
We reserve the right to cease all further work until any outstanding invoices are settled.
Do you do plumbing work?
Yes! Our sister company ‘ADM Plumbing & Heating’ can be reached on 01603 958 677.